Recycle your e-waste responsibly
The solution for e-waste and unwanted electronics
ECOACTIV Product Recovery programs help to ensure that we collect and recycle unwanted electronic equipment so that materials can be reused in the manufacture of new products. Some older equipment can also contain hazardous substances and we need to make sure that these are safely managed in an environmentally sound manner.
ECOACTIV also provides user-friendly battery recycling solutions for the workplace, schools and home. Our battery collection and recycling buckets are ideal if you want to keep batteries out of landfill and ensure they’re responsibly recycled. More information (and pricing) is available on our battery recycling page.
What can be collected and recycled?
The following types of products and devices are covered by the service:
- LCD/FLAT/CRT Monitors
- Copiers, Printers, Scanners, Fax machines
- Laptops/PC/Desktop/Tower Servers
- Cabinet Servers
- Phones eg. desk landlines, mobile & accessories*
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
- Miscellaneous IT accessories eg. mice, cables, webcams
- Storage media eg. tapes, discs, memory sticks
- Scientific & Medical equipment
- Cameras & Photographic equipment
- Business Imaging equipment, cartridges & consumables
- Power Tools & hardware
- Used Lead Acid Batteries & Handheld Batteries
- Small Appliances, Major Appliances & Whitegoods
- Consumer Electronics eg. TVs, VCR & DVD players
- Portable devices eg. Two-way radios, pagers, MP3 players
- Game consoles, electronic toys, hobby equipment
- Lamps, Globes, Fluorescent Tubes
*Mobile phones and accessories will be recycled for free by MobileMuster, the official recycling program of the mobile phone industry.
Who can register for this service?
This e-waste collection and recycling service is open to small, medium and large companies and organisations, including:
- Corporates eg. banking, finance & insurance
- Retailers, brands & distributors
- Government agencies & public authorities
- Utilities eg. energy & water
- Hospitals & healthcare related organisations
- NGOs, not-for-profits & institutions
- Manufacturers, OEMs – small, medium & large
- Schools, TAFEs & universities
- Consulting, legal & accounting firms
- ICT solutions & storage providers
- Film, audio, print & media production
The service is not currently open to the general public or householders.
We get back to you within 4 business days
Once your organisation has requested a quote for the ECOACTIV service, you will be contacted within 4 business days to discuss pricing and/or confirm a pick-up date.
Request a quote now
If you are located in a regional centre or remote area, please make contact to confirm service availability. Call the ECOACTIV helpdesk to check: 1800 489 278
The security of any data stored on your IT equipment, phones or storage mediums should be carefully managed. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure all data is wiped or erased from the device(s) before it is collected for recycling. Please be aware that file deletion does not mean privacy data has been fully removed.
Information and software related to data wiping and erasure can be found on the following sites: Blancco, Active@KillDisk and Eraser. However, any data that cannot be removed from IT equipment or mobiles will be destroyed during the recycling process.
A comprehensive article on ‘How to securely erase your hard drive’ can be found at PCWorld.
All material collected is dismantled and processed by specialist recyclers. The recyclers’ Environmental Management Systems are independently certified to ISO14001, and where relevant, other standards such as R2 and/or AS/NZS 5377:2013.
Nothing is resold or reused. Once your unwanted equipment has been recycled you will receive a certificate of participation acknowledging your organisation’s e-waste recycling activities.